Sunday 13 January 2013

Street art

STOP > THINK > CREATE


Does street art ever add to the local environment and enrich our surroundings? ... Or does it just compound to the degradation that already exists?

 

I spend so much time in a particular community, and everyday I'm faced with the same dilapidated surroundings. No one seems to care about the environment - Vomit, feces, spit, and rubbish (including molding food and litter) line the pavement. I hop-scotch between them, trying desperately not to dirty my shoes.

The houses are falling apart, with old mattresses and furniture in the front gardens and driveways. The people themselves are unwashed and shabbily dressed, which is not an irritation in itself, but the attitude of these inhabitants is just constantly rude and unwilling to change.





I believe passionately in the power our environment has on our mood, thoughts, emotions, attitudes - almost every part of our life.

Would it make a difference if I were to do something about it, in one of the only ways I know how... Through art.
If I were to create a piece of street art in this environment, would it change the way I viewed these surroundings? Would it change the way other people viewed these surroundings?


Would anyone use this as inspiration stop, think, and create a piece of art of their own ?




a few beautiful pieces of street art I would love to see everyday...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment